By Jawad Hussain
KARACHI, February 14, 2019 (SNN247.com) – Lahore Qalandars were the worst team in the first three editions of the Pakistan Super League. The PSL franchise finished last in each of the first three editions of the international Twenty20 league, which now features six teams.
However, a storm is brewing in Lahore Qalandars’ ranks as this year they have the services of the most iconic T20I player in the world as well as a former Pakistani skipper who made a huge reputation as captain in the shortest format.
South African batting legend AB de Villiers has joined Lahore Qalandars, who would be led by former Pakistani skipper Mohammad Hafeez this year. The team also includes a pair of leg-spinners, including Yasir Shah and Sandeep Lamichhane, who can turn the fate of any game on their head.
The decision makers at Lahore Qalandars have opted for a power-packed side this year as the squad boasts hard-hitting players like Corey J Anderson from New Zealand, Carlos Brathwaite from West Indies, Fakhar Zaman from Pakistan, and Anton Devcich from New Zealand.
Their bowling also looks more potent than ever as left-arm fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi will lead the pack that includes the likes of leg-spin bowlers Yasir Shah from Pakistan and Sandeep Lamicchane from Nepal.
The complete squad for Lahore Qalandars in Pakistan Super League 2019 includes:
- Mohammad Hafeez (PAK) (Platinum)
- AB de Villiers (RSA) (Platinum)
- Fakhar Zaman (PAK) (Platinum)
- Yasir Shah (PAK) (Diamond)
- Carlos Brathwaite (WIN) (Diamond)
- Corey J. Anderson (NZL) (Diamond)
- Anton Devcich (NZL) (Gold)
- Rahat Ali (PAK) (Gold)
- Sandeep Lamicchane (NEP) (Gold)
- Shaheen Shah Afridi (PAK) (Silver)
- Agha Salman (PAK) (Silver)
- Sohail Akhtar (PAK) (Silver)
- Hassan Khan (PAK) (Silver)
- Haris Sohail (PAK) (Silver)
- Mohammad Imran (PAK) (Emerging)
- Umair Masood (PAK) (Emerging)
- Brendan Taylor (ZIM) (Supplementary)
- Gauhar Ali (PAK) (Supplementary)
- Aizaz Cheema (PAK) (Supplementary)
- Haris Rauf (PAK) (Supplementary)
Can Lahore Qalandars turn the tables this year? Their first match is against the defending champions Islamabad United at Dubai International Stadium on February 14, 2019 at 10:45 p.m. Pakistan Standard Time.